Still in shock.....
Had a regular OB-GYN appointment this morning. OB couldn't find the heart beat with the hand-held doppler (?) but said that it wasn't unusual since I was tall and there was more room for the baby to move/hide. I told her that at the last appointment we could hear it. So, I was sent to see Mary, the ultrasound tech. I love seeing her even though we haven't always gotten good news. She's funny and full of life. Anyway, the baby is fine - was moving all over the place. I'm not sure that I'll believe it until I have my 20 week ultrasound with the maternal-fetal specialist but evidently we're having a BOY!
I ended up crying on the way home. Mainly cause I was relieved that the bean was okay and those darn hormones!
It still hasn't sunk in yet but I guess we can go ahead and correct Hayley when she says "baby brother/sister". ;)
(still nauseated here and there and sense of taste is still off ---> can't wait for that to go away!!!!)
Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated! LOL!
I ended up crying on the way home. Mainly cause I was relieved that the bean was okay and those darn hormones!
It still hasn't sunk in yet but I guess we can go ahead and correct Hayley when she says "baby brother/sister". ;)
(still nauseated here and there and sense of taste is still off ---> can't wait for that to go away!!!!)
Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated! LOL!

10 Comments:
CONGRATS!!! it's funny for the first couple months i didn't even THINK about the option that it could be a boy...lol. after having a girl...i'm a nerd i know...but anyhow. now i'm SO excited to be having a boy!! so happy for you!
i also feel for you with the sickness....must be the darn boys...because i'm still sick...with 5 weeks to go! BLAH. hope you're luckier than i!
ok. i'm in a rambling mood...lol.
xx
jill
OOoooo! YAY a boy! Just like me... girl first, and then a boy. Gotta tell you, I've actually enjoyed being a mom to my son more than to my daughter - not that I don't adore her because you know I do... but boys are new and different for us females and every day is an adventure with sons. I've learned so much from John. His view of the world never ceases to amaze me.
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm thinking blue for you from here on out. Very, very exciting!
WOOHOO Shirley,
I'm so glad that all was okay with MASTER Bean! Pregnancy stuff is so darn stressful.
So should we start kicking around boy names for you? I'll give you a start:
Herman
Rudolph
Bernie
Albert
Cornelius
If you need more help just yell!!!
LOL!
HUGS my dear friend.
WOOHOO Shirley,
I'm so glad that all was okay with MASTER Bean! Pregnancy stuff is so darn stressful.
So should we start kicking around boy names for you? I'll give you a start:
Herman
Rudolph
Bernie
Albert
Cornelius
If you need more help just yell!!!
LOL!
HUGS my dear friend.
...or :
Gédéon?
Eustache?
Jean-Claude?
Norbert?
Raoul?
Jean-Eudes?
Adalbert?
Alfred?
Léon?
Napoléon?
;oD
Félicitations Slammie!!!
You rock!
{ThE fReNcH tOuCh}
http://prolix.typepad.fr
!YAY! CONGRATS Shirley and family!!
How exciting for you guys! I wish we lived near each other,I have a lot of stuff I could off load on you...lol!! Well, goodluck with the names!! I'm not any help, we took forever to choose our!! LOL
Hugs girl! ~Dawn
DANG!!! Now that I've found your blog, am I in for a surprise!! CONGRATS for having a future Mr. Bean!!
Hey Kid! Congratulations! Was thinking of you recently. I work pretty closely with Hal, so have gotten to know him pretty well professionally, and that reminded me that I hadn't heard from you in a while. Hope you and the family are doing well. Stay in touch. I guess you might decline an invitation for lunch at this point?? Let me know.
All the best,
Nick
Congratulations!!!
Got to love the doctors terminology. As long as all is great, who cares about 'Advance Maternal Age.'
I can't wait to see the pictures of Zeus Vladimir Wong-Long (I think that's a good name)
Love
D
Congrats! Boys are fun and Hayley is gonna love a baby around. Feel better soon! I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home