Friday, September 15, 2006

blood may not be thicker than water


Going thru a rough patch right now. I hope that Hayley will always be like she is in this picture - loving life, sassy, and sweet. Blood is supposed to be thicker than water but right now it's not. I hope that I don't have to resort to something harsh but not sure what else to do. Kim, can you do this for me???

This dialogue from The Joy Luck Club seems to fit the bill only it's got nothing to do with me per se:

An-Mei - I tell you the story because I was raised the Chinese way. I was taught to desire nothing, to swallow other people's misery, and to eat my own bitterness. And even though I taught my daughter the opposite, still she came out the same way. Maybe it is because she was born to me and she was born a girl, and I was born to my mother and I was born a girl, all of us like stairs, one step after another, going up, going down, but always going the same way. No, this cannot be, this not knowing what you're worth, this not begin with you. My mother not know her worth until too late--too late for her, but not for me. Now we will see if not too late for you, hm?

Rose - You're not taking my house, you're not taking my daughter, you're not taking any part of me, because you don't know who I am. I died sixty years ago. I ate opium and I died for my daughter's sake. Now get out of my house!

I just know that I want to break the chain that seems to be snaking its way around my life, the chain that seems to be unstable, the chain that doesn't see what's right in front of its face or that maybe doesn't want to. For my daughter's sake, I have to.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hope you're doing better than when you typed this, Shirley.

((((((((hugs))))))))

--Elizabeth--
ScrappinQueen

9:30 PM  
Blogger Cindy Lee said...

hugs, Shirley! I don't have any answers but will pray to the one that does for you to have peace in your heart and wisdom in your choices! love you, Cindy Lee

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go on to be our heart president of universe Slammie!!!

we're with ya'!

;o*

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home