Monday, November 06, 2006

scissors


Hayley has loved to play with Mommy's Fiskars ( http://www.fiskars.com) for a while now.....cutting out pictures from Sunday's ads or LL Bean catalogs, etc. Who needs a shredder when you have a 3 year old with scissors?



Well, I finally brought out the ones that I had bought for her when she was like 6 months old knowing that she would want her own pair.

I came back from picking up my contacts to see her with this HUGE grin on her face. I'm sure that you can guess what happened. She was all proud of herself and pointed to the top of her table saying "Look, mommy, I did it!"




Well, you can imagine my reaction! I started screaming and DH ran downstairs. He laughed (I didn't find it at all funny) and said that he was surprised that she hadn't done it sooner. Uh huh.




It's not that bad and could've been MUCH worse.




At least it's pretty straight.... ;)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great little story. Thanks for sharing. Total little Fiskateer in training. Happy day!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOL! I can't believe you actually bought her her own pair of scissors at 6mths old!

She's still as cute as ever... :)

P/S: About time you updated! :D

6:49 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

You can NOT tell this child did that herself. Maybe she is a hairstylist with an artistic flair in her future!!!

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think she saw your note on your blog about "wild hair" so she decided to find a solution for hair problems!!!

;oD

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home