Friday, August 29, 2008

how expensive are flame throwers?!?!?

7:30 pm....

Went out to check on my beer trap and there are quite a few slugs floating in there and several more heading towards the trap. However, there were quite a few content on eating the discarded tomatoes or what even looks like feasting on their fellow brethren who were salted earlier. Got pictures of 2 of them that I've never seen before - long and brown with black patterns. Kind of pretty before they, too, got salted.

Will probably have to get new beer tomorrow which is fine with me. Question is....what do I do with the dead bodies?!?!?

**********************************

I was out checking on my tomatoes before the rain decides to come. See lots of HUGE slugs around the pots. Out comes the salt. DIE SUCKERS!

Notice a big one in the pot...throw it on the ground with the shovel and add some salt. Then I notice a smaller one on a roma tomato. Turn it over to get a better angle to salt the heck out of it and it's eaten a hole into my tomato! ARGH! I also notice lots of slime trails all over the tomato plants and basil plants - basil I already knew cause most of the leaves are gone.

I'm breaking out one of hubby's beer bottles and making beer traps. This is WAR! It's bad enough that there's not enough sun to ripen my tomatoes but to have slugs eat when I'm trying to get ripe???? Just adds salt to a very raw wound. HA!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've lost your mind. Slugs love you and your tomatoes. -URDERHSBND

9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you remind me of how i get when the ants come marching into the house - like a woman possessed!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home