Henna party
Kim (neighbor) decided to have a girl's nite in thing and settled on a henna party. I've heard of henna but it was usually in relation to Indian brides. Was debating on going since it WAS the evening before the birthday party and I'm usually rushing around trying to get stuff done. But I figured it would be fun and decided to go. We were supposed to bring something to share. Had I known that there was going to be all that food, I would've skipped dinner. LOL!
Lori's "necklace". She also had one put on her ankle.

Kim's foot in progress.

Kim's foot....

My foot in progress.

The top of my foot after the henna lady was done.

Tina's foot in progress. She also had a small one done on the back of her neck for her daughters.

This lady had this done on her neck (can't remember her name). She also had henna put on her ear but I couldn't get a close-up picture of that one.

My foot the next morning. Not bad considering I only had the henna on for maybe 2 hours at the most. I forgot that I put it on my foot and as soon as I slipped on my Crocs to walk home, I could feel quite a bit of it scrape off. Oooops! Actually it's a darker brown now (Monday) than it was then (orange-ish).
Lori's "necklace". She also had one put on her ankle.
Kim's foot in progress.
Kim's foot....
My foot in progress.
The top of my foot after the henna lady was done.
Tina's foot in progress. She also had a small one done on the back of her neck for her daughters.
This lady had this done on her neck (can't remember her name). She also had henna put on her ear but I couldn't get a close-up picture of that one.
My foot the next morning. Not bad considering I only had the henna on for maybe 2 hours at the most. I forgot that I put it on my foot and as soon as I slipped on my Crocs to walk home, I could feel quite a bit of it scrape off. Oooops! Actually it's a darker brown now (Monday) than it was then (orange-ish).

2 Comments:
Very cool! I've yet to get one done... very tempted to.. might see if I can get one during the Indian/Diwali festival later this year. :D
i would love to have one of these parties...not sure if the hood ladies would be up for it though, hee, hee
Post a Comment
<< Home