Wednesday, May 30, 2007

when it rains, it pours (Lucy and Ethel moment)......

By sheer luck, the Explorer was left at home. My OB appointment was this morning at 10:15. Pam and Samuel swung by to drive me and were going to take my truck since I had Hayley with me (needed the Britax). Doorbell rings and Pam is telling me that her tire went flat as soon as she pulled into my neighborhood. So, we start to pile into the truck. Hmmm, key fob doesn't unlock the truck. Open the door with the key thinking that I need to change the key fob battery. Hit the unlock button - NADA. Hmmmmmm. Try to start the truck. NADA. Great. Pile into the Explorer and head over to the OB's office.

I'm measuring on track and am allowed to go back to work as scheduled (only gained 2.5 lbs since my appointment 2 weeks ago). Asked if there was anything special that I should do since I have that hour commute each way and was told, "yeah, don't go into labor". Funny, Dr. E, really funny. I can see it now....traffic alert: pregnant woman goes into labor on 400 causing traffic jam. *snort* Not sure how all this will still work though cause I start to get pains when I sit upright for long and on hard surfaces. Next appointment is in 2 weeks and then will be weekly. Mentioned that I think that he's transverse and Dr. E said that we wouldn't worry until later. Uhhhh, okay.

Get home after a stop at McDonald's cause someone wants fries and nuggets. Pam is trying to figure out what to do so that her daughter can get picked up. Hubby gets home and jacks up her car to take the tire to Goodyear. Let's just say that the item that caused the flat tire isn't your ordinary road trash and leave it at that. Came back and put her tire on. Daughter was picked up by a friend so that was all good.

Turn our attention to my truck. Jump it. NADA. Only makes clicking noises. Great. So call AAA and have them tow it to the Ford dealership. I called to tell them that it was coming and what we had done. Relatively new battery - put in in 2006 and was driven 2 weeks ago. Diagnostic testing is like $90. Hopefully it won't be too expensive to fix. ARGH!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the rule of three, I tell you. Your laptop eating files is the third bad luck thing this week! I mean, really... you have to give it up for Mr. IT Guy to stop the munching... that's not good. On the bright side, now that you have hit number 3, you are probably in for some smooth sailing. That's good, because Little Man Slammie is getting ready for his arrival and we want everything to go off without a hitch!

P.S. Can I just borrow Princess Haley for a few days? She is sooooo stinkin' cute.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Emine_Pala_Art said...

Aw that's NOT good... I hope it'll be cheap to fix

xoxo
Emine

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how are you friend?
hope you, babe, hayley and family are well!!!
here it's warm and sunny, after all rain we had!
lol
We think a lot to ya!
gros bisous and take care!

Prolix
{ThE fReNcH tOuCh}
http://prolix.typepad.fr

5:58 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey Shirley!! Good news that you are welll and able to go back to work (not too sure if it's really good news or not.. LOL!). Boo on the car troubles! Hope that it's not too expensive...

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home