Tuesday, April 24, 2007

how quickly one forgets....

10:15 update

just got done with the monitoring - was hoping to respond to emails while watching House (finally got to watch the whole show without someone screaming cause of the doctors!) but evidently my position with the keyboard was interfering with the monitoring.

no results of the fibronectin test - she said at least 2 hours but who knows when the lab got to it if they did. guess I'll find out tomorrow!

and a SLIGHT rant for the nite.....I'm in the maternity section of the Women's Pavillion (spelling?), right? we're all pregnant to various degrees. why are the towels the size of the ones you get in hotels to put on the floor outside of the shower? can't even dry my hair let alone my belly! sheesh.

off to bed before they come in for vitals - LOL! at least there's no remembering to plug and unplug the leads! :)

******************************************************


6:30 update

Dr. Middleton came in to do the test. Felt like they were mining for gold or something with the flashlight. Bwahahaha! She said that they should know results in 2 hours or so but not sure if that means that I'll find out. ;)

Keep your fingers crossed all that I'll be discharged tomorrow!

********************************************************************


Just ate a second chocolate chip cookie that Pam brought over. Yummy! Saving the brownies for after dinner. Hee hee hee


almost 4 update

2nd steroid shot in the butt - OWWWW!

Teri, the nurse, thinks that the maternal-fetal specialist will be doing the test but not sure. Definitely not the nurses though. So, gotta wait and see what the deal is.

I will only be monitored twice a day for now so I'm lead free. Woohoo!

*****************************************************************

12:15 update

Dr. Middleton came in to see me (she was the one I saw yesterday for my regular appointment) and said that I should be getting the fibronectin test soon but that the nurses were busy and the second steroid shot this afternoon. Will be staying overnight just to be sure. If the fibronectin is negative - bed rest at home....no housework (PUH LEAZ!), no cooking, nothing vertical except for bathroom basically. She said that I should be okay to drive Hayley to and from daycare since it was so close but to have back-up just in case. If the test is positive I'll be here for a few more weeks. She said that positive doesn't really mean much either since ~70% don't deliver soon anyway but that they don't like to send people home with home monitoring. If the test is positive, they might check the cervical length again.

But the good news is that either way I will be able to take 5 minute showers. She said that she doesn't like stinky patients. hee hee hee Now if I can just manage NOT to hose down the bathroom again. LOL!

*****************************************************

I was evidently delusional when I thought that I'd be sleeping last nite. Well, besides the fact that it's a different place and every time I shifted or tried to get comfortable (HA!), the monitor would stop picking up the heartbeat, it was going pretty well. Until the temp and BP checks. I conveniently forgot about those from my c-section stay. ARGH! Plus that first time to get up to pee and then you can't figure out why you're not getting closer to the bathroom - unhook the leads for the heart rate and contraction machine and then gotta remember to plug them back in.

Wish I knew when they would be doing the fibronectin test.

Hayley is also getting her second set of fillings today and I hope that she does okay. My poor baby.....

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good report! Thanks for taking the time to share the details of this little glitch in your pregnancy journey. I am thinking of you and praying for you. I KNOW Little Man Slammie will be fine, but I do worry a bit about you... the boredom factor and all that. Good luck to Miss Haley when she gets her filling today. That's no fun!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Marie Starr said...

Thanks for the update! I continue to trust that all will go well with you and the end result will be a perfect little baby boy!

{{{{Hugs}}}} for Haley, too, with her dental thing happening today, too! :(

Hang in there! I've sent enough jokes to last a while at the Pub...lol! Safe enough even for Haley - well, maybe when she gets a little older -

Sweet dreams tonight, too!

12:26 PM  
Blogger stephanie howell said...

honey-
i'm thinking about you and praying for you.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Norma Kennedy said...

Holy TOLEDO - I am gone for a few days and look what happens.

I sure hope they are taking good care of you !!!

Will keep you in my prayers - You and I are suppose to go right about the same time - NOT YET :')

Lots of Hugs, Norma

1:17 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Good to have an update from you girlie! Fingers crossed and praying that all goes well with you.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok...seriously i feel so bad that i'm just now finding out about all this girl!!!! i've been without a computer for the last couple days for the most part! i hope that you get some good results tonight or tomorrow! sending happy thoughts and hugs your way. i'll keep checking in!

xx
jill

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Slammie! I had no idea! I will keep you in my thoughts for a quick exit from the hospital... Thanks for the update!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home