dryer update
Well, mine finally died. It was a Kenmore set that I bought in grad school in 1994 or 1995. We had to put in a new part last year and tried another one this year for a different problem but it didn't fix the problem. So, we went to Home Depot to buy a new one.
It got delivered today. They took the Kenmore out along with the dryer vent hose (that aluminum bendy thing). Well, remember my saga when we first moved in about hearing birds in the vent???? Guess what I saw at the base of the vent hose that is in the wall???? 4 dead birds. EWWWWWW!
Pulled on my dishwashing gloves and used a coat hanger to put them into a plastic bag. EWWWWWWW!
They put in the new dryer, hooked up a new hose, plugged it in and turned it on. First words out of the man's mouth? SH&T! I asked, ummm, is it supposed to sound like that? No, we'll have to order you a new one - should be here in 3 to 5 days. WHAT???? Do you see the over 4 FULL baskets sitting in the hallway? Sorry, ma'am but there's nothing I can do about it. *GROAN*
to be continued......
It got delivered today. They took the Kenmore out along with the dryer vent hose (that aluminum bendy thing). Well, remember my saga when we first moved in about hearing birds in the vent???? Guess what I saw at the base of the vent hose that is in the wall???? 4 dead birds. EWWWWWW!
Pulled on my dishwashing gloves and used a coat hanger to put them into a plastic bag. EWWWWWWW!
They put in the new dryer, hooked up a new hose, plugged it in and turned it on. First words out of the man's mouth? SH&T! I asked, ummm, is it supposed to sound like that? No, we'll have to order you a new one - should be here in 3 to 5 days. WHAT???? Do you see the over 4 FULL baskets sitting in the hallway? Sorry, ma'am but there's nothing I can do about it. *GROAN*
to be continued......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home