Tuesday, July 15, 2008

GROSS!!!

Was out moving the sprinkler last nite from one side of the yard to the other (new grass). Slid my feet into my crocs to go turn off the water. Felt something hard slide out of my crocs (top of the shoe near the toes) and saw it land in the grass. Thinking to myself....hmmmm, odd that a rock got in there when there wasn't one when I took my feet out of them earlier. Looked closer and realized that it was a freaking big fat SLUG! EWWWWWWWW!

There are tons of them up here in WA. That's what killed my basil and pepper plants the first time around. Got the hand shovel and speared the thing in half. Then noticed that near the edge of the grass where it had been watered, there were at least 10 or more more of them trying to get to dry ground. Needless to say that I speared them, too!!!! Some of them had stretched out to close to 3". UGH!

Did I mention that I hate slugs????

3 Comments:

Blogger Cupcake said...

Shirley - Too Ewwww posts in a row. my nose is still crinkled and my mouth forming the Ewwwww word. Ewwwwwww.

I HATE HATE HATE slugs too.

And here is one to add to your list that combines laundry and bugs! I was throwing a load of clothes in the washer the other day and as I was tossing in a pair of dirty socks belonging to one teenage boy who loves to be in the yard I saw "it" crawl out and plop into the washing machine - A CENTIPEDE. I hate centipedes (well really I hate all bugs) it reminded me of the bad guy on Monsters Inc. Anyway, I screamed and jumped and refused to go near the washing machine until the HoTY found that thing and fished it out - which he then proceeded to put into the detergent cup and chase me around the house with it. Do men never grow up????

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shirley...when I was a kid we returned home one evening after dark and I was walking into the house without shoes on and stepped on something smushy.... Yup, it turned out to be a slug (my brothers and i discovered this via flashlight illumination). I thought I would NEVER forget the feel of the squishy slug guts!

I grew up in the pacific northwest..slugs were our mascot! ; )

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I just threw up a little in my mouth! barf! could have been worse right? you could have had them on for a while before you realized what it was! ughhhhhhhhhhh
xoxo
*E*

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home