Rambo
Remember the line from the movie....they drew first blood, not me?
Well, that's been our house and the furniture. Last nite Jacob was standing up and moving from 1 kitchen chair to the next when he slipped and hit his chin on the chair. Screamed bloody murder and we noticed that he had caught his tongue when he fell so that there were teeth marks on the underside of his tongue. Was bleeding for a bit.
Then this afternoon (just a bit ago) he was holding onto the coffee table and fell again hitting his chin yet again. This time there was more blood cause he's now got teeth marks on his upper gum. After some sucking of an ice cube, the bleeding stopped.
I doubt that this will be the last time that he gets bloody from a fall but I'm sure not looking forward to those other future moments. We never had to deal with this with Hayley. And Jacob is only 9 months old so I'm sure that this is just the beginning.....*sigh*
Well, that's been our house and the furniture. Last nite Jacob was standing up and moving from 1 kitchen chair to the next when he slipped and hit his chin on the chair. Screamed bloody murder and we noticed that he had caught his tongue when he fell so that there were teeth marks on the underside of his tongue. Was bleeding for a bit.
Then this afternoon (just a bit ago) he was holding onto the coffee table and fell again hitting his chin yet again. This time there was more blood cause he's now got teeth marks on his upper gum. After some sucking of an ice cube, the bleeding stopped.
I doubt that this will be the last time that he gets bloody from a fall but I'm sure not looking forward to those other future moments. We never had to deal with this with Hayley. And Jacob is only 9 months old so I'm sure that this is just the beginning.....*sigh*

3 Comments:
maybe you need to put a helmet with chin pads on him??? i wanted to wrap my kids in bubble wrap during this learning time...
Hey, Shirley. I have some free time and I am catching up on some blogs. Awwww, poor Jacob. I hope he is doing better now. I can't believe he is old enough to be toddling around...wasn't he just born yesterday? They grow up so fast. I hope all is well with you and your family.
Steph :)
Please update blog......it's now over 2 weeks OLD. Thanks!
Post a Comment
<< Home