Seattle house - birds part 2
small update......
Our next door neighbor climbed up on the ladder last nite (he's a former firefighter and used to that kind of thing) and poked around but said that it didn't seem as if there was a nest in there. Phew!
Only this morning I got woken up around 7:30 to this racket. Ran to the laundry room to hear all this noise. ARGH! Bang on the wall to no avail. Open up the window and turn on the dryer. Out flies this bird. *^%$% thing is probably the same one that tried to use our eaves for a nest and now is looking for another entrance. It's going to have another thought coming!!!! I'm going to the hardware store (Home Depot and Lowes are too far away but may have to if I can't find what I want) to see if they have a replacement dryer flap (I found a perfect one in ATL - plastic and would open/shut with the dryer on or off. The metal one that they used there and here seems to be in a permanent open position!) or some sort of netting that we can use around the dryer flap.
THIS IS WAR!!!!
*******************************************************************************
I'm in the laundry room this afternoon about to start a load in the dryer. I hear a noise. Hmmmm. It's gets louder and more scratch-y. Then I hear chirping. WTH?????
We've got birds in our dryer vent HERE!
I swear, I'm going to start a campaign to have all new houses outfitted with an electric fence of some sort around dryer vents. Birds try to use them to build nests and ZAP!
So now I've got to call someone to come out, remove the suckers and somehow either fix the dryer flap so that it actually flaps (it didn't at our house in GA and doesn't look like it does here either) or else put some sort of netting/screen around it to keep the birds from flying in.
I only wish that I had better aim......
Our next door neighbor climbed up on the ladder last nite (he's a former firefighter and used to that kind of thing) and poked around but said that it didn't seem as if there was a nest in there. Phew!
Only this morning I got woken up around 7:30 to this racket. Ran to the laundry room to hear all this noise. ARGH! Bang on the wall to no avail. Open up the window and turn on the dryer. Out flies this bird. *^%$% thing is probably the same one that tried to use our eaves for a nest and now is looking for another entrance. It's going to have another thought coming!!!! I'm going to the hardware store (Home Depot and Lowes are too far away but may have to if I can't find what I want) to see if they have a replacement dryer flap (I found a perfect one in ATL - plastic and would open/shut with the dryer on or off. The metal one that they used there and here seems to be in a permanent open position!) or some sort of netting that we can use around the dryer flap.
THIS IS WAR!!!!
*******************************************************************************
I'm in the laundry room this afternoon about to start a load in the dryer. I hear a noise. Hmmmm. It's gets louder and more scratch-y. Then I hear chirping. WTH?????
We've got birds in our dryer vent HERE!
I swear, I'm going to start a campaign to have all new houses outfitted with an electric fence of some sort around dryer vents. Birds try to use them to build nests and ZAP!
So now I've got to call someone to come out, remove the suckers and somehow either fix the dryer flap so that it actually flaps (it didn't at our house in GA and doesn't look like it does here either) or else put some sort of netting/screen around it to keep the birds from flying in.
I only wish that I had better aim......

2 Comments:
ugh....that would freak me out too!
I was starting to get worried about you girl. I thought maybe you had become bird seed :-)
Hope all is well. Drop me a note when you have time!
Post a Comment
<< Home