what happens when you nap
and someone doesn't.....
Since Jacob has been getting up at least once during the nite for a bottle (am guessing 6 month growth spurt) and they've been getting up around 7 or earlier on the weekends (from getting up early during the week), I'm tired and try to take a nap during the weekends. Hayley colors, watches TV or her DVDS. Well, today I get awoken by this....Mommy, I need a bandage...I'm bleeding. And proceeds to hold up her hand and the pair of scissors. Great! Just what I want to see when I get awoken from a nap. Push Jacob off of my chest and go to take care of it. She had cut off part of her skin around the knuckle on her pointy finger on her left hand. Don't ask me how that happened!
I go downstairs to make sure that her hand is okay. And what do I see????? Bits and pieces of stuff and HAIR! I ask her what in the world was going on and she said that she never had a haircut. Ummm, yes, you did when you first got the scissors when you were about 2 or so and Daddy left you alone downstairs. I even think that I blogged about it and have pictures! Evidently she was grabbing her hair on the left side with her left hand and cutting with her right hand. Hence the missing hair and skin. UGH!
I'll have to see how bad the hair damage is tonite after her bath.
No more scissors for her!!!!
Edited to add that yup, it was a Nov. 2006 post where she had given herself bangs.
Since Jacob has been getting up at least once during the nite for a bottle (am guessing 6 month growth spurt) and they've been getting up around 7 or earlier on the weekends (from getting up early during the week), I'm tired and try to take a nap during the weekends. Hayley colors, watches TV or her DVDS. Well, today I get awoken by this....Mommy, I need a bandage...I'm bleeding. And proceeds to hold up her hand and the pair of scissors. Great! Just what I want to see when I get awoken from a nap. Push Jacob off of my chest and go to take care of it. She had cut off part of her skin around the knuckle on her pointy finger on her left hand. Don't ask me how that happened!
I go downstairs to make sure that her hand is okay. And what do I see????? Bits and pieces of stuff and HAIR! I ask her what in the world was going on and she said that she never had a haircut. Ummm, yes, you did when you first got the scissors when you were about 2 or so and Daddy left you alone downstairs. I even think that I blogged about it and have pictures! Evidently she was grabbing her hair on the left side with her left hand and cutting with her right hand. Hence the missing hair and skin. UGH!
I'll have to see how bad the hair damage is tonite after her bath.
No more scissors for her!!!!
Edited to add that yup, it was a Nov. 2006 post where she had given herself bangs.

1 Comments:
oh no! We had that happen once at our house! Wishing you had a more restful nap!
xoxoxxo
Trish
Post a Comment
<< Home