Monday, April 23, 2007

well, here I am....

7:15 pm update

ARGH! 5 minute shower? Is that even possible?

On call OB just came by. It all depends on the fibronectin test tomorrow. If it's negative it'll be at least a week on bedrest at home. If not, I'll be in this room for a while longer....

Keep your fingers crossed that it's negative!

**********************************************************

Went in for my routine OB appointment - had some cramping since the night before. Come to find out that I'm 1 cm dilate and even though my cervix is 2.9 cm (and supposedly fine) the funneling/beaking (whatever the term is) is not a good sign. So, I got admitted to the high risk unit and am on continuous monitoring for the next 2 days or so. Had my first steroid shot (OWWWW) - get the next one tomorrow. They took some blood. Not sure what else is in store for me.

The bean seems to be okay. Got ultrasound pictures while they were measuring my cervix - definitely still a boy (LOL). And to prove the point, he peed while we were looking! NIIIIIICE!

Luckily I was brought my work computer and other necessities by hubby. Hayley was kind of freaked out by seeing me and asked on their way out if I wanted to come home with them. Waaaaah!

Off to go see what's for dinner since they just brought the tray in for me. Should be an adventure. LOL!

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

OMG woman! I hope things are ok. Yes.. 5 minutes shower is possible! Trust me!

Let me know if there's anything I can do! IF you can't sleep.. you know I'm still awake on this side of the earth... we can email/chat. :D

6:55 PM  
Blogger Cupcake said...

Oh Shirley,
Sorry you are going through this but at least Mr. Bean is tolerating everythign well. I'll keep checking in to see how things are going!
Take care!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to read this a second time to make sure I read it right the first time...Uhhh, HELLO! He peed during the ultrasound? That is such a boy thing. I can't believe they could tell he was peeing. That totally cracks me up. You are in for a wild ride with this child. He is already full of piss and vingar LOL.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

So ROFLOL about the towels! Sorry.. but the mental image is just too funny!

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home