Marching band camp 2017
But, today was the first day of marching band camp. Hayley will be playing the clarinet in marching and the bassoon in regular band. Today is from 7 to noon. We left the house at 6:15 and got to the school around 6:30. Quite a few people were already there besides section leaders. Camp lasts 3 weeks.
One of the cool trucks the band has.
Getting name tag - helps directors and leaders know who was "on time" and who has to run laps. I saw one girl that was late but didn't stick around to see if she had to run laps. LOL!
Hayley making a scared face.
Mr. Racic (one of the directors) popping into the photo. People have way too much energy for this early in the morning. Hayley was mortified. LOL!
Listening to Mr Carr (main director) talk
No idea what was going on here since they originally were on the field by section.
Getting in morning stretches.
Evidently today will be all about marching and no instruments. Will be heading back a bit early to get more photos. I signed up to a photographer. And have to learn how to crop photos and stuff. Eeeeek.... Having technology issues though since I can't get into the marching band folder on Flickr to upload photos. Oh well.
I took the 2 pics below towards the end of the camp today. They basically spent today working on the marching aspect. Posture, steps, count, etc.










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home