busy week
On Monday, May 2, Hayley had her last band concert for 7th grade.
On Tuesday, May 8, she had her last choir concert.
I want to upload a video but it's taking FOREVER so guess it's a no go. Actually got an error message. Guessing it's too large.
On Thursday, May 5, she had the academic ceremony. She received an award based on GPA.
Shaking hands with the principal.
The limited choir also sang.
On Saturday, May 7, she had a choir competition. Unfortunately no pics or video were allowed otherwise the team would be disqualified. Her school took both the 8th grade and 7th grade choirs. They both scored a I which is the top score possible!!
Edited to add that the choir teacher sent this thru email:
On Tuesday, May 8, she had her last choir concert.
I want to upload a video but it's taking FOREVER so guess it's a no go. Actually got an error message. Guessing it's too large.
On Thursday, May 5, she had the academic ceremony. She received an award based on GPA.
Shaking hands with the principal.
The limited choir also sang.
On Saturday, May 7, she had a choir competition. Unfortunately no pics or video were allowed otherwise the team would be disqualified. Her school took both the 8th grade and 7th grade choirs. They both scored a I which is the top score possible!!
Edited to add that the choir teacher sent this thru email:
I
RATING I – An outstanding performance, with very few technical errors
and exemplifying a truly musical expression. This rating should be
reserved for the truly outstanding performance.
II
RATING II – An unusual performance in many respects, but not worthy of
the highest rating due to minor defects in performance, ineffective
interpretation or improper instrumentation.
III
RATING III – An acceptable performance, but not outstanding. Showing
accomplishment and marked promise, but lacking one or more essential
qualities.
IV
RATING IV – A poor performance showing many technical errors, poor
musical conception, lack of interpretation, incomplete instrumentation,
or lacking in any of the other essential qualities.
V
Rating V – A very poor performance indicating deficiencies in most of
the essential factors and indicating that much careful attention should
be given to the fundamentals of good performance. This
rating should be used sparingly and only when it is possible to cite
major faults.
I am pretty sure we were the only 7th grade group, and it is very hard for 7th grade
to get all "I's" in class C, and almost unheard of in class A.
So I emailed her asking about the class and got this back:
So I emailed her asking about the class and got this back:
There
are 3 classes in middle school: A, B, and C. Class A is the most
difficult, and class C is the easiest. I had to choose one piece from
the official Class
A Required List, and then two others. You can go class A by choosing
one piece on the required list, and you could actually choose two easier
pieces, even from class C, as long as you have 1 piece from class A,
you are class A.
Our
required class A piece was, “The River Sleeps Beneath the Sky”. This
was also, by far, our easiest selection. “This is the Day” is much more
challenging with
all of the runs, and layering of parts. “There is no Rose” is from “A
Ceremony of Carols”, which is typically only performed by professional
choirs, and very challenging literature.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home