Friday, December 04, 2009

Tired!

We have a progressive party to go to Saturday night. We're in the dessert portion of the evening. So I made 2 batches of rocky road fudge - had to substitute pecans for walnuts though since one of our group is allergic to them. They're in the fridge cooling at the moment. Then also made 16 ramekins of creme brulee. Currently in the oven. The only problem that I can foresee with the creme brulee is that I've got 4 oz and 6 oz ramekins and they're mixed all together. Hopefully it comes out well. Otherwise I'm running to the store for the ingredients for a pound cake. LOL!

My forearms are NUMB. Why, you ask? Because the fudge requires a TON of mixing and I had to make 2 batches. Plus the creme brulee also required a lot of mixing....nowhere near as much as the fudge. But you factor in fudge X 2 and creme brulee X3 and you get the picture.

Then I had to throw out the trash - lots of it generated. In the minute that it took me to get out there and back in Jacob had taken a small chair and put it in the corner of the kitchen where I was working. I didn't see him there since it's kind of behind the island. I kept hearing things hitting each other and then I see his head. Which is taller than it should be. He's playing with the stuff that was left out that hadn't made its way into the sink yet. Needless to say there was a lot of screaming involved when I took the chair away from him.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home