Saturday, November 21, 2009

surprise!

Katie and I took the kids to a fun park yesterday afternoon. Then on to Target....gotta admit that I was really surprised that she didn't know about the Super T location. We're like Lucy and Ethel when we try to go somewhere. Comical and sad at the same time. While in Target she gets lots of phone calls, etc. supposedly from her husband. Methinks something is going on. Then we get to What the Pho and SURPRISE! I see Kimberly, Gregg, Emily, Harrison, Lloyd, Tina, Megan, Madeline, Alex, Margie, Monica, Adrian, Julia, Nicole, Nathan, Katie, Taylor, Kaedyn, and Jimmy. Jimmy who had supposedly JUST gotten back from his business trip and had to drop something off at the office before meeting us for dinner. Ummm, yeah. Loved all of the "over the hill" references although I could've done without the 50 and 60 year old ones. After dinner, I got cake....Italian cream and a brownie cheesecake.....all made from scratch from my loving husband. The Italian cream was to die for!

We were all supposed to meet up back at Katie and Nathan's house but Jacob had been up since 6 something without a nap and was fussy. He slept with a bunch of the balloons. Every time I tried to wait for him to fall asleep and take them away from him, he would say "no" and "mine" with a smile on his face. Needless to say I never made it to hang out with the gang. Sorry!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like a great time!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

yay!!! that was great!!! I'm so glad they did something really nice for you, you deserve it my dear! xoxoxxo

7:05 PM  
Blogger Lyneen said...

Love catching up on your blog... hope your eye has healed.... your little mower is such a kick...

Thanks for stopping by my blog... Good luck.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home