Thursday, May 14, 2009

oh the drama....

It was raining pretty hard at the bus stop (for here) and windy, too. Hayley usually has an umbrella while we wait and then I get it back when the bus comes. Today she decided that she wanted to take it with her. I asked her what she was going to do with it at school. She said that they have a bin for them. OK. Then I ask her several times if she knows how to close the umbrella. Important since you can't get on the bus with it open, right? She says "yes". Then one of her friends comes and stands under it with her. Bus comes and I ask again if she knows how to close it.....yes, mommy. They get in line and I tell her to close the umbrella since it'll take a few seconds. Next thing I know, she's screaming/crying that it's hard, gets out of line and hands me the umbrella. I fold it up, hand it back to her, and tell her to get back in line. By this time, everyone is looking at her since she's crying so loudly. Still wants to take the umbrella with her and gets in the back of the line in the rain.

I'm sorry to say that I wasn't very sympathetic since I had asked her multiple times if she knew how to close it (can do it inside the house just fine) and if she was REALLY sure that she wanted to take it with her. We'll see if it makes it back this afternoon....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home