Saturday, September 01, 2012

My left foot

August 11:

Sarah had driven in from Kennewick last night to spend the night so that she and Jimmy could go riding. They headed out in the morning after breakfast. When Jimmy leaves for a bike ride, I never leave the house unless it's an errand really close by. Cause I never know when I'll get a phone call. They had been gone maybe 1.5 hours when I get this garbled phone call, mainly due to mountains and bad reception. Call 911, come get us, bad crash, broken bones. HUH?!?!? No mention from Jimmy who was injured. I get a rough idea of where they are and head to Gregg's house to ask where the heck they are. Throw the kids in the truck and head out. Am almost to the road that they are on when I get another phone call. Ambulance there, heading to St. Elizabeth, turn around. Luckily I had passed it about 5 min earlier and knew where it was. Get to the emergency room and ask about an ambulance coming in. They had no idea what I was talking about. Finally it pulls up and Sarah is wheeled out. OMG! She looked horrible. I get the bikes, load up the truck and head home to get everyone clothing changes and most importantly Sarah's insurance info. As I'm heading to get Jimmy's bike out of the truck I'm walking down the driveway and hear/feel this POP. Joke with Gregg that it's a good thing I'm going back to the hospital cause it's now my turn! Get back and hobble in. The same ladies at the desk ask what happened to me. I get paperwork filled out and head back. Brought some ice and wait for x-rays. Meanwhile Sarah finds out she's got a broken collarbone - 3 cm. No orthopedic on call and she can 'wait' to see her own doctor. So we load her up in the van very gingerly with a pillow. Her car gets loaded up and we set out with both vehicles to take her back to Kennewick. I've never been to the other side of the state. The scenery literally changes in a blink of an eye once you get to a certain point on the highway as Sarah said it would. We drop her off, make sure she's okay, and turn around and head home. Get home around midnight.



















My left foot at the hospital.



















After x-rays it was ruled a sprain and I was leaving with crutches and an air cast.



















August 13: 

Sarah sees her orthopedist.  Turns out she's also got broken ribs in addition to everything else. 

August 14:

Sarah has surgery.  3 pins that stick out of her shoulder.  3 hours of surgery to clean up bone splinters/fragments and pin it together. 

August 15:



















August 17:

Went back in for more x-rays. Turns out I have a stress fracture of my 5th metatarsal. Seeing the podiatrist on the 4th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home