Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond

Today was THE (well, technically yesterday since she was here on Saturday) day! The day that The Pioneer Woman was going to sign my cookbook on her mini-book tour. And wouldn't you know that yesterday/Friday was pretty beautiful (even though it called for scattered thunderstorms) but today was rainy. BLECH. But at least she gets a glimpse into PNW weather. LOL!

Traffic on the 405. Unbeknownst to us when we set out there was an accident at exit 5. We get on at exit 4. Sat in traffic and crawled for about 45 minutes. Luckily we had left a little earlier than I had planned because that saved us! And then I drove like a bat out of h#ll once we passed the accident otherwise we would've been late.













Not sure how high the letters went. Heard that they were handing out I when we got there which was around 4:30.













People in front of us.













Ree's lovely daughter was walking about taking pictures. Hayley had a great picture but unfortunately didn't turn her flash on so it wasn't as great as we thought once we downloaded the camera. She is beautiful. And TALL! We also saw MM's Mom but didn't get a picture of her.













The people behind us in line.













Even though this isn't the best picture of Ree, I love it because she's laughing and almost makes me think that she's going to break out into an Ethel impersonation!













The lady 2 in front of us with her baby. Ree's secret weakness at these book signings.....babies. LOL!













Pictures of her signing various books for people in front of us.

























Checking out the goody bag that we brought her of Asian snacks and chocolates made in Seattle. I hope that she was joking when she said that she was going to eat the chocolates for dinner! Although the book signing WAS scheduled to be from 5 to 9 pm.













Finally our turn!













This is my friend, Jennifer. I had just gotten done telling Hayley that she was in the same group as us when I looked up and she was the next person behind us in line! Unfortunately I managed to get in the person's arm who was taking pictures using Jennifer's camera. Ooops!















Each letter group was of 50 people. I heard the alphabet went as high as letter "J" and she didn't get out of the bookstore until after 11. I can't even imagine how tired she must've been from smiling and from all the signing. But I'm so glad that we got to meet her because she's as sweet and pretty as she seems to be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home