staining a fence
We didn't stain the fence in ATL and it dulled to that grayish color that cedar gets. Well, I didn't want to look at that 24/7 so we bought stain. Actually this color was the second one. We got the next darker color originally but after seeing what color it actually would be on our next door neighbor's wood, I wanted the "clear" one. Stained the outside of the fence - the part that if they ever build in the back, people will see. And then for the next 3 days stained the rest of the fence in the backyard, our gate, and the fence between us and the other neighbors. It was a mad rush between fighting Jacob who would NOT nap and the impending rain (in Seattle go figure!).

I was staining the fence where it's pretty shady and the ground was a bit soggy from the recent rain. I was moving the bucket of stain when I happened to look down and see this thing pop out of the ground. Scared the heck out of me and I screamed. Luckily the stain didn't spill. I have NEVER seen an earthworm that big before. I guess all of my moving around and disrupting the ground made it annoyed and it wanted to go somewhere else.

Just for a little comparison so you can tell how big the sucker is! It's not fully stretched out and I'm wearing an XL pair of Crocs....
I was staining the fence where it's pretty shady and the ground was a bit soggy from the recent rain. I was moving the bucket of stain when I happened to look down and see this thing pop out of the ground. Scared the heck out of me and I screamed. Luckily the stain didn't spill. I have NEVER seen an earthworm that big before. I guess all of my moving around and disrupting the ground made it annoyed and it wanted to go somewhere else.
Just for a little comparison so you can tell how big the sucker is! It's not fully stretched out and I'm wearing an XL pair of Crocs....

1 Comments:
ewwwwwww
Post a Comment
<< Home